Background

Friday 28 January 2011

Scrap Bag Friends

I have a little boy who is very creative and who loves drawing and making. He confidently asserts that he wants to be an artist when he's older and that makes me proud (interestingly I always assumed an artist needed God given talent alone and so was something mere mortals couldn't aspire to. I'm finding it liberating that actually it's more about effort and constant practice than talent. And it's about way more than portrait painting. It makes me happy that Charlie will have more options than me)



Anyway, he's pretty good at hand sewing (running and back stitch) and loves designing things made from the bits he finds in the scrap bag.



This is his latest creation, and he's very taken with it. Charlie sat on my lap and used the sewing machine (I worked the pedal). I helped with the eyes and button nose, but otherwise the work is his own. Bless him. Not bad for a 5 year old. The new teddy is going to school today so that Charlie can talk about how he made him in Show and Tell.



I'm quite tempted to chuck out my scrap bag now and see what other characters I can create!



Wishing you a creative day too



Claire x




Scrap Bag Friends


4 comments:

  1. Aw....how cute is that boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that your clever little boy made the scrapbag character! He's lucky to have you to help and encourage him too. Thanks for popping over to see me the other day, it's lovely to find your blog. Have a great weekend. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Your little boy is gorgeous and just look at that cute dimple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you ladies. I think he's cute, but then I am biased!

    ReplyDelete