Background

Thursday 20 May 2010

I've only gone and bloody done it...

033-1


Gorgeous lilacs in full bloom, outside my Lady Shed*


... opened a Folksy store, that is. Well, bloody hell. I'm a bit shocked I have actually done it, you know? I have been pontificating and procrastinating for months, you know that as well as anyone. But this week, quite unplanned, it has grown a life of it's own and taken off.


Do you remember Zac's Daddy's Cushion (below?) Well Zac's Mum, Ellie, seemed really pleased with it. She posted a really kind thread on a forum we both frequent about it. There I had five pages of people saying lovely things and telling me to open a Folksy shop. So, I obeyed! I have called Mrs-Bee because a) obviously I am a MrsB, being Mrs Boynton and b) Dom and I wanted to sell honey and set up a bee adoption service (details of which are coming soon). Therefore it seemed sensible to use the bee imagery for both.


A link to the shop is here: http://www.folksy.com/shops/MrsBee


What's more, I am delighted to say that I have had an overwhelming interest and all of my items have been on the home page already! Well, you could knock me down with a feather.


Folksy front page 1 crop


(see Fairisle iPod case, in centre)


 Folksy front page 2
(Jolly Roger bunting, top left)


Folksy front page 3
Little Picasso daddy cushion, centre right


Fullscreen capture 20052010 170030
Fuzzy felt wreath, bottom left


Fullscreen capture 20052010 170636
Felted Fairy Bowl, top right.




I think part of the reason I am so amazed is that I never thought I would go into business again. Losing the last business was such a horrible, belittling experience that I never thought I would get the courage again. This may be big or tiny, who knows. The point is that I have tried again. And that makes me feel rather proud of myself, if I do say so myself.


See you soon, lovely blogger


Claire x


   * in case your wondering, my Lady Shed is sort of like my studio, but that word feels a bit too grand. It's a girl's place, with girl's stuff in it and boys are not allowed in. Dom's equivalent is called the 'man hole' - fnar!



2 comments: