Background

Monday 27 July 2009

Project 18: Purple Lace Scarf

Did I tell you that we were renovating our kitchen and dining room? Yes? Well, given that I was juggling 2 jobs, a business, a family and depression it was, in hindsight, a marvellous decision to add a little more stress and aggrevation to the mix - not. I am thrilled with progress, although we've still a long way to go and we've been working on it since February.


Anyway, I wanted to challenge myself to have a go at a knitted lace pattern, and it was a welcome distraction from the decorating. It was dead simple - knit one, yarn over, knit two together. I love scarves, they're just like a secret hug during the day, aren't they?


Cost: 1 skein of Rowan DK Cotton £1.39from www.kempswools.com


Time taken: 2 days


Satisfaction Rating: 7/10. It was nice to learn a new skill, but the simplicity of the pattern eventually became a little tedious.


Purple lace scarf


Purple lace scarf 2



No comments:

Post a Comment