Background

Sunday 26 July 2009

About Me

Small claire


Hello and welcome to my little corner of the internet. I am Claire, Mum to two sons, aged 12 and 4, and wife to Dominic. We live in a cottage in East Yorkshire surrounded by farms and agricultural land and I absolutely love the changing colour and texture of the landscape.


I have always classed myself as a happy-go-lucky sort of person. However, four years ago after the birth of Charlie, my world was seriously rocked by Post Natal Depression which suprised me by its randomness, as I had the most lovely life. I didn't cope very well and didn't get the treatment I should have done. We moved house, and I started a business which I loved and took every second of my time. 2 years later I was working 60 hours a week and fighting against a global recession and, not surprisingly, the depression returned. This week I reluctantly took the decision to close my business because my sanity had to come first.


So, thing thing is now I don't really know who I am. I am in my 30s (eep!) I love my family to bits, I love where I live and I love crafting. I could happily spend my life hidden away from the world doing my own crafting thang. And, for now, that is what I intend to do. I will literally knit (crochet, paint, stitch and sew) myself back together.


I would love to see your crafting work for inspiration and hear your stories of how you got over the dreaded depression. Please do email me, I'd love to hear your stories.



1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog Claire, and your projects are looking fantastic. I've just learnt to crochet (as you know from Rav!) and it's super-inspiring seeing the things you've made. I've just inherited a Lloyd Loom chair which is what my granny squares are going to be used for too!
    Your post about the time leading up to your breakdown rang a lot of bells for me. I really hope these next few months bring some respite and light for you xx

    ReplyDelete